PHPS Covid Protocols 2022-2023
update: August 29, 2022
The following protocols follow new CDC guidance for K-12 schools.
Updated CDC guidance
If a student or teacher is sick or not feeling well, he/she should stay home until they feel better.
Exposure to Covid:
If a student or teacher is exposed to a person with a lab-confirmed positive Covid test result:
- Has no symptoms- Does not need to quarantine, but CDC recommends he/she wears a mask for 10 days in indoor settings. Duration of mask wearing can be decreased with a negative test on day 6.
- Has symptoms- Should get tested.
Positive Covid Test Result:
If a student or teacher receives a positive Covid test result:
- Has no symptoms-Can stop isolation after day 5.
- Has symptoms- May stop isolation after day 5 if feeling better.
- Regardless of when isolation ends, CDC recommends he/she wears a mask for 10 days in indoor settings.